Perhaps you’re starting out on a new career, moving into self-employment, or embarking on your first job after years of study. Maybe you’ve been working for a few years, and you are now finally saving some money. Whatever your situation, it’s important to think about your future, your career goals, your financial goals and how you’re going to get there.
Paying yourself first is not as easy as it sounds.
It starts with some simple steps:
1. Start a budget and know your income and expenses
2. Save regularly to make the most of your savings over time
3. Use credit cards wisely
4. Manage your debts to achieve the best result
5. Understand your super, whatever the amount – especially its insurance component
6. Check your insurance levels